Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Kind Words From A Relative Stranger...

Gave me hope. Managed to bring a tiny shred of cheer in my pathetic life. Sometimes, support comes from the unlikeliest of sources. It feels nice.
I guess it means much more as it's unexpected.
They say, one shouldn't talk to strangers. That strangers are not supposed to understand. They don't understand.
But sometimes they do. And I'm glad they do.

The relative stranger did not have to say much. It was the who, when and how that made all the difference in the support I've been receiving so far. He said,

We all stiffen our upper lip and put on a brave face in this situation, but I can imagine what you must be going through. The time during Univ. admissions tries even the toughest. I wish there were something I could say to ease it (like, 'univ admissions are not the end of the world', or 'research matters, not the reputation doesnt',etc), but there isnt anything. If it is any comfort, know that I understand.

Relative Stranger, I did not say it well enough earlier. Thank you. Thank you for those well-meant words.

No comments: