Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Of Matrimonials and Much.

I just wrote a profile for a matrimonial. I am utterly and completely disgusted with myself!

They ask you about yourself and that's easy. I mean how hard can it be? I am a self-confessed, self-obsessed being. It was a cake walk.

Then they ask you about your family. I love them so that was fairly easy too.

Then came the expectations! And I went, WTF!?! I mean it's so fucking transcendental! I don't know how people have these ideas and images of their Mr/Ms Right?!
I happen to be clueless about a lot of things and this got added and took up 3 meters of my existing 5 meters of scroll!
And then are other issues and types of expectations too. I mean there are realistic/unrealistic expectations, there are lowered expectations that come from previous experiences, there are the expectations that you hope that you won't have to put down in so many words, there are expectations not just from the suitor but from the family also, well and then some...
How does one define, differentiate and then finally decide what they want? How does one know what they want in terms of all the abstract, all the unsaid?

And then I finally managed to write one sentence. Only one sentence. All I expect in one sentence. Pathetic!

Now I wonder how I never found any man in all these years who could come to close to all that I need, all that I want? Do I ask for a lot? Am I too stuck up? Am I plain lost? Am I not looking for the right things? I'm obviously not looking for the right things, how else do you explain finishing the expectations part in one sentence?!
What do they look for in them anyways?
How do they define their compatibility with their significant others?
How do they know what to keep what to let go?

What is fantastic? What is reality?
Why is all this so hard?

No comments: