Thursday, December 20, 2007

Nostalgic! (yet again!)



I miss my kitchen! I miss my katoris wrapped with cling film with my sabzis stored safely for tomorrow. I miss the overflowing refrigerator, the super-heated heater, the walls with colourful collages, the inadequate chairs, the dripping freezer, the whirring of the washing machine providing the background score for the endless conversations highlights and revelations of the day being discussed and debated with a frenzy that would put all Indian netas to shame! over cold lunches, community dinners, hot coffees, bland teas, and the cookie smells from the oven or the burning smell of the toast I forgot to remove from the grill!

"Ah! Those were the days!..."

4 comments:

Vaibhav Deshpande said...

hey how come are you missing these things? you are at home right, hey even I miss your home, I say it is the best place in Pune to live truly, angel, papa, you what fun :)

those cup of coffee's, those lunches, and dinners that angel used to invite me to, it was real fun, also those long walks at NDA road, you, me, mami, teja bhai, angel and sometimes papa, I miss those things.


Regards,
V

The Solitary Dreamer said...

Aaaww...thats sweet of you. thank you. I agree, it's the best place in Pune!

the kitchen at home, is my mum's kitchen, not mine. I mean it is my kitchen here as well, but it's not the same...
by my kitchen I mean my kitchen at F4.2, St. Marks Residences, LS2 9EL

Vaibhav Deshpande said...

BTW thats a great sanp of yours :)

Regards,
V

The Solitary Dreamer said...

Thankuverimuch.
Actually I put that snap because I thought I'm not seen in it :D