Monday, October 8, 2007

Little Birdie, Fly Away

Little birdie in your nest,
Little birdie it's time to rest,
When the sun comes out to play,
Little birdie, fly away!

--Nursery Rhyme.


 

(I took this picture, and might I add, by being painstakingly patient. It's not stolen from any website!)
...

I wanted to fly. I flew away. Far away. I explored. I landed. Sometimes I crash-landed. There was pain. I overcame it. I learned. I improved. I moved on.

...

I want to fly again, but I don't want to be scared. I can't take the pain anymore, I want to be safe.

...

Somewhere along the way, between then and now, things have gone awry. And I can't put a finger on it, or maybe I'm afraid I might point my finger instead...

...
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! brilliant last line!!

Anonymous said...

darling, there is no gain without pain...and even if you get it without any pain, don't you think it dampens the pleasure...makes it less worth it?

now that you know how to overcome your pain, what are you scared of?

learn to enjoy the pain and the pleasures that follow...

as i've already told you, i love the photograph.

Anonymous said...

Hey P, Great photograph!
-H