Monday, September 17, 2007

Rhyming and Poetry.

I was watching a series on television where they ridiculed a pansy, pathetic, wanna-be poet!
Watching it I wondered if poetry/rhyming was actually that hard? and I decided to try my hand at it...and guess what I figured?!

Not only that it's difficult! but it's draining as well!

Well, so, here is my Vogon attempt at poetry!

I try very hard to write
Something I hope wouldn't be too trite
Of things unsaid
Of things beyond the staid
Why am I writing in rhymes
Because they sound like chimes
OMG! All of this has gone over-board
Ok, I'll stop before you get bored.
Oh! you say, I should go on?
I won't be fooled, I see you've put your ear-muffs on!


I honestly hope that you did not require the use of the "imagery intensifiers, rhythmic modulators, alliterative residulators, or the simple dumpers" to help you heighten the experience of reading my poetry!


If you've read this far, your patience is gratefully appreciated! :)

No comments: